Patch 5.2 PTR notes are here tonight! (What, you were going out/on holiday tonight? Psh. Priorities, man, priorities.)
As always, datamined data is datamined.
EDIT: Official (draft) patchnotes went live as I was writing this. Rewriting patch notes to make analysis sense and adding links as appropriate.
- Deadly Reach has been removed.
- New Level 60 Talent: Ring of Peace
- Ring of Peace forms a 8 yard sanctuary around the target for 8 seconds, causing all enemies in the area of effect to be silenced and disarmed.
- Paralysis is now a physical, non-magical effect, and can no longer be dispelled, grounded or reflected, and its base range has been increased to 20 yards.
- Charging Ox Wave now has a 30 second cooldown (was 60 seconds).
Ranged. AoE. Silence. Holy crap. Leg Sweep just got a contender, and COW got a nice buff too.
- New Windwalker and Brewmaster ability added at level 30: Nimble Brew. Nimble Brew removes all stun, fear, and root effects, and reduces the duration of those effects if they are re-applied by 60% for 6 seconds. It has a 2 minute cooldown.
Remember how windwalkers were supposed to be mobile in PvP? Yeah!
- Chi Wave now does 100% more damage and healing, and no longer costs Chi, but now has a 15 second cooldown.
- Zen Sphere now has a limit of 2 (was 1), now detonates when either the recipient reaches 35% health or the Zen Sphere is dispelled, and no longer costs Chi.
- Chi Burst now does 100% more damage and healing, no longer costs Chi, and now has a 30 second cooldown.
DAMN. The no-chi cost completely changes the calculus on these things. Chi Wave still does pretty much the same thing, except WW/BM is much more likely to use it now. Chi Burst becomes a mini-group healing cooldown of sorts. Free Zen Sphere detonations? Have to think about that one, but pretty sweet for PvP.
- Tiger’s Lust and Touch of Karma no longer have a Chi cost.
- Tiger’s Lust can no longer be used on targets that have other temporary speed increases active.
So much for super-speed TL, but the Chi cost removal makes it a viable choice in Tier 1. Chi cost removal for ToK makes my windwalker so, so happy; no more pressing it as an oh crap button and not having the chi to use it.
- Dampen Harm can now be used while stunned, and its cooldown will now begin when used, not when the effect ends.
“This is how I frustrate Rogues.”
- Healing Elixirs now heals the Monk for 15% of maximum health (was 10%).
- Chi Torpedo now deals 15% more damage.
Needed buffs. More useful now.
- Path of Blossoms has been removed.
What spell was that again?
- Healing Spheres will now heal for 50% of their original value if they expire without being picked up. This healing will factor in relevant Mastery.
- Healing Spheres now have a duration of 1 minute. Healing Spheres generated by Mastery: Gift of the Serpent now have a duration of 30 seconds.
Well, mastery just became relevant again. 6 yd radius on the autoheal; have to see how smart it is.
- Life Cocoon can no longer be dispelled.
- Zen Focus, the 4-piece Mistweave set bonus, is now more responsive.
- It is no longer possible to use Thunder Focus Tea while silenced.
- Xuen will now fixate on the Monk’s original target.
No more lolcocoon! Also, yay bugfixes.
- New Level 75 Ability: Storm, Earth and Fire
- The Windwalker can summon up to two elemental duplicates that mirror damaging abilities that the Monk uses while they are active. For each spirit summoned, the Monk’s damage is reduced: 1 spirit causes the Monk and the spirit to deal 60% of the Monk’s normal damage, while 2 spirits will cause the Monk and both active spirits to deal 40% of the Monk’s normal damage. Each spirit lasts until the ability is canceled, or that spirit’s target dies or otherwise becomes unavailable.
- New Level 75 Ability: Storm, Earth and Fire
Whoa, whoa, whoa. First, awesome, windwalker needed some more complexity. Second; this appears to be a cleave type ability: I’m assuming you can’t use it on a single-target fight (else you always would, 120% > 100%). Third, three copies of Xuen? AWESOME!
- Combo Breaker is now a passive ability granted at level 15 that grants a 12% chance to make the Monk’s next Blackout Kick or Tiger Palm cost no Chi.
- New Mastery: Bottled Fury — Increases the damage bonus provided by Tigereye Brew by .2% per Mastery per stack.
- Tigereye Brew now increases damage by 1% per stack (was 2%), but is now improved by Bottled Fury.
- Tigereye Brew now gains 1 charge after spending 2 Chi (was 4 Chi).
- Tigereye Brew will now stack to 20, but only 10 charges can be consumed per activation.
- A user interface alert now displays upon reaching 10 stacks of Tigereye Brew.
This was hugely needed, as mastery was getting completely devalued by high haste (running out of GCD’s means free abilities don’t mean as much). Not sure about the other TB changes; at 1 charge per 2 chi spent, the uptime is going to be really high. Becoming more of an Inquistion/SR type ability?
- Mastery: Elusive Brawler now provides 25% more Stagger per Mastery rating.
Also hugely needed, as mastery wasn’t effective enough vs. Stamina for building tank EH.
Great changes all around.