Haven’t written here much; been looking at druids more recently. Here’s a roundup of some good links, though.
- I wrote an article on things you can set aside now for a new monk over on WoW Insider.
- Disargeria is absolutely knocking it out of the park over at Monk and Monk. His Windwalker guide is a must read, as is his analysis of Shuffle uptime for brewmasters. Really interesting math on what % of Chi to dedicate to Shuffle uptime (aka via BOK) vs saving for Purifying Brew.
- Celestial Fists is back with a beta patch roundup.
- Some interesting points in the windwalker thread on EJ. With the recent increase in energy regeneration from 8/sec to 10/sec, that does some…THINGS…for stat weights. Looks like Agi will be on top, followed by hit/exp, as expected. Haste and crit are in shouting distance, but mastery is definitely the worst. What’s most interesting, though, is that Agi isn’t 2x better than hit/exp, which means the new gems that have double secondary stats may be preferred. (Note that I’m not really in favor of increasing the energy regen…I thought it was well balanced at 8/ssec, and fear things are going to get out of hand at later tiers at 10/sec.)
- Good mistweaver calculator from Arison. Haven’t played much mistweaver lately, but his points about Eminence and mastery being underpowered seem pretty accurate. The 1350 haste breakpoint for extra RM/EM ticks looks pretty critical right now (not that it’s hard to achieve).