A lot of Monk changes in the latest build. I’d post analysis, but I haven’t really gotten a good grasp on a lot of the original abilities, so… right. From a WW perspective, all I can tell you is Expel Harm now becomes a valid rotational option (swapping a bit of DPS for a bit of healing), Healing Sphere now becomes a viable thing, Dampen Harm got nerfed as predicted, Tigereye Brew no longer is good for AoE, and FoF is definitely intended to be part of the single-target rotation (which is interesting.)
My other guides that I had planned are on hold until they enable 1)Spec-switching/relearning on the beta or 2)more template copying. For the moment, I’m stuck with Windwalker.
- Blackout Kick now costs 2 Chi, up from 1 Chi. Base damage increased by 20%.
- Crackling Jade Lightning now costs 1.5% of Base Mana, down from 3%. Base damage increased by 45%. When dealing damage, you have a 15% chance to generate 1 Chi.
- Detox now removes Disease effects instead of Bleed effects.
- Expel Harm now costs 2.5% of Base Mana, down from 6%. Now Generates 1 Chi. Base healing increased by 20%.
- Fortifying Brew now Increases your health by 100%, and reduces damage taken by 20%. Lasts 20 sec.
- Grapple Weapon now grabs non-ranged weapons. If you steal a better main-hand weapon, your damage or healing will be increased by 5% or damage taken reduced by 5%.
- Healing Sphere now costs 2% of Base Mana, up from 1.5% of Base Mana. Now is instant cast, down from 1.5 sec cast. Now has a 0.5 sec cooldown.
- Spinning Crane Kick now costs 2 Chi, down from 1 Chi. During Spinning Crane Kick, you can continue to dodge and parry.
- Tiger Palm now deals 50% additional damage if the target is above 50% health.
- Transcendence now has a 45 sec cooldown, down from 3 minutes.
- Charging Ox Wave now affects all nerby enemies within 5 yards, down from 40 yards.
- Chi Torpedo - Chi Torpedo replaces Roll.
- Dampen Harm has been moved to LVL 75, up from LVL 60. Now has a 1.5 min cooldown, up from 30 sec.
- Healing Elixirs has been moved to LVL 75, up from LVL 60.
- Karma *New* – Reduces all spell damage taken by 90% and clears all magical effects on you, reversing them back to their original caster if within 40 yards. Lasts for 6 sec. 1 Chi. Instant. 1.5 min cooldown
- Leg Sweep now lasts 5 sec, down from 6 sec.
- Zen Sphre Summons a Zen Sphere at the target location. Deals x damage to the 3 lowest health enemies within 20 yards of the sphere every 1 sec. If enemies die from the Zen Sphere, they combust dealing y damage enemies within 8 yards. Use Zen Sphere again while active to detonate it, instantly dealing y damage to all enemies within 20 yards. 1 Chi. 40 Yards Range. Instant.
- Rushing Jade Wind has been reworked and now has a 30 sec cooldown, down from 45 sec. You summon a whirling tornado that travels 0 yards in front of you, dealing 5,454 Nature damage to all targets in its path and increasing damage taken by your Spinning Crane Kick by 30%. For 8 sec sec after you cast Rushing Jade Wind, you move at 200% speed while using Spinning Crane Kick and reduces Spinning Crane Kick’s Chi cost by 1 Chi.
- Tigereye Brew now costs 3 Chi, up from 1 Chi. Now has a 60 sec cooldown, down from 90 sec. Now Increases your damage and healing done by 15%.
- Tiger’s Lust now has a 30 sec cooldown, down from 60 sec.
- Brew: Mana Tea - For each 4 Chi you consume through use of spells and abilities, you gain a charge of Mana Tea. Use Mana Tea to consume the charges. Mana Tea can stack up to 50 times.
- Chi Wave base healing has been increased by 20%
- Dematerialize now also affects ranged attacks.
- Life Cocoon is no longer a talent. Now costs 3.5% of base Mana instead of 2 Chi. Now requires Serpent Stance. Reworked – Encases the target in a cocoon of Chi energy, increasing all periodic healing taken by 100% and reducing all damage they take by 30%.
- Renewing Mists now costs 4.2% of Base Mana, up from 3%. Base healing increased by 66%. Now scales from 31.5% of Spell Power, up from 21.5% of SP.
- Revival base healing has been increased by 20%. Now cleanses Disease effects instead of Bleed.
- Soothing Mists now costs 1% of Base Mana, down from 2%. Now heals (52,576 + 51.2% of SP), up from (3,119 + 28.8% of SP). Now has a 20% chance to generate 1 Chi, up from 15%.
- Stance of the Wise Serpent now has an additional effect – In addition, you also gain Eminence causing you to heal the lowest health nearby target within 20 yards equal to 50% of the damage you deal.
- Summon Jade Serpent Statue now has an instant cast and a 3 minutes cooldown. Now limited to 1 statue, down from 2. Healing increased by 200%, now scales from 110% of Spell Power.
- Surging Mist base healing has been increased by 50%. Now scales from 180% of spell power, up from 125%. No longer targets the lowest health friendly target.
- Teachings of the Monastery now reduces the cooldown of Expel Harm by 7 seconds instead of removing it.
- Thunder Focus Tea now has a 10 sec cooldown, up from 8 sec.
- Uplift base healing has been increased by 60%. Now scales from 42.5% of Spell Power, up from 25.5% of Spell Power.
- Avert Harm now reduces damage taken by 50%, up from 20%.
- Brewmaster Training Blackout Kick portion reworked – After you Blackout Kick, you gain Shuffle causing the 3 attacks taken to become staggered within $115307.
- Clash - You and the target charge each other, meeting halfway then stunning all targets within 6 yards.
- Dizzying Haze now costs 20 Energy, up from 10 Energy. Now reduces movement speed by 50%, up from 15%.
- Guard base absorb has been increased by 20%. Now lasts 30 secs, up from 8 secs.
- Summon Black Ox Statue is now instant cast, down from 1.5 sec cast.
- Muscle Memory now also affects Expel Harm.
- Sparring no longer requires any stance.
- Spinning Fire Blossom base damage has been increased by 20%. Now deals Fire damage instead of Physical damage. Now also roots the target for 2 sec if Fire Blossom travels further than 10 yards.
- Glyph of Expel Harm - Increases the range of your Expel Harm by 10 yards.
- Glyph of Transcendence - Increases the range of your Transcendence: Transfer spell by 10 yards.
- Item – Monk T14 Brewmaster 2P Bonus - New: Increases the chance to dodge granted by your Elusive Brew ability by an additional 5%.
- Item – Monk T14 Brewmaster 4P Bonus - New: Increases the damage absorbed by your Guard ability by 20%.
- Item – Monk T14 Mistweaver 2P Bonus - New: Reduces the mana cost of your Surging Mist spell by 10%.
- Item – Monk T14 Mistweaver 4P Bonus - New: Your Chi Wave spell will now heal 1 additional targets.
- Item – Monk T14 Windwalker 2P Bonus - New: Reduces the cooldown of your Fists of Fury ability by 5 sec.
- Item – Monk T14 Windwalker 4P Bonus - New: Increases the duration of your Energizing Brew ability by 5 sec.